Summit Seniors Grants
Criteria for Awards
Summit Seniors invites you to apply for a grant as part of our annual distribution of funds to the community. We direct these funds to organizations that have existing programs or want to create new programs for senior citizens in Summit County.
Grants are awarded based on financial need, benefit to and number of seniors, and the impact on people served. Organizations that have provided assistance to Summit Seniors (e.g. help at annual rummage sale, winter games, etc.) will be given consideration.
Application Outline and Timing
- A cover letter expressing your interest in receiving grant funding from us and how it will support your strategy or business model. Include the total amount of your request.
- A listing of current programs you have for seniors in Summit County and what they have accomplished in the past 12 months. Indicate what this new funding will do to continue, add to or improve these programs and what will be accomplished with these funds.
- If you received previous grant(s) from Summit Seniors, what measurable results you used those funds to achieve?
- A copy of your organization’s most recent financial statements (income statement and balance sheet) or Form 990.
Please include the following contact information in your application:
- Mailing address
- Phone number
To apply, submit one completed document electronically to email@example.com and mail one hard copy document to:
ATTN: Grant Application
Summit County Community and Senior Center
83 Nancy’s Place
PO Box 1845
Frisco, CO 80443
Previous Grant Recipients
- Breckenridge Backstage Theatre
- Family & Intercultural Resource Center
- Friends of Dillon Ranger District
- Lake Dillon Theatre Company
- National Repertory Orchestra
- Summit Community Care Clinic
- Summit County Rescue Group
- Timberline Adult Day Services
The 50+ Winter Games is an annual fundraiser for the Summit Senior Center. Last year we raised $18,000 from the games which helped Summit County Seniors. The 40th 50+ Winter Games was already held for 2020 (on February 9, 10 and 11). Learn more about the 50+ Winter Games, sponsorship, and see results and photos for 2020. To volunteer for the 50+ Winter Games, contact Cathy Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every July 4
The Margarita Booth happens in the summer during the Frisco BBQ challenge, 4th of July celebration, where seniors set up a booth and sell margaritas with proceeds going to the Senior Center. If interested, there will be a sign up at the front desk of the Senior Center when it gets closer.